Regulatory Reform ABC of the Carolinas will support policies that reduce regulatory measures burdening the construction industry in North Carolina.
- Oppose any legislation aimed at adding regulatory measures on general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and/or construction industry professionals.
- Support legislation to limit overreach of regulatory agencies at both the federal and state level.
- Promote a common definition amongst state agencies with regards to the “employee” definition.
- Oppose burdensome interpretations of an “employee” amongst contractors and the employer.
Sales Tax ABC of the Carolinas opposes tax policy that deters business and further economic development.
- Advance measures to scale back the sales tax changes that went into effect January 1.
- Oppose further increases on contracting with regards to service, installation, and material.
- Establish a clear definition of “capital improvements” as defined in current law
Public Construction ABC of the Carolinas supports continued support of transportation and infrastructure in North Carolina.
- Support funding to invest in capital improvements and state owned/leased property.
- Advance services of North Carolina firms for state-issued work.
- Foster a fair and consistent public bidding process on public jobs.
Apprenticeship Funding ABC of the Carolinas supports additional funding for apprenticeship programs in North Carolina.
- Support policy aimed at investing in the next generation of the trades and the construction industry.
- Oppose a state budget that reduces the amount of dollars allocated for apprenticeship in North Carolina.
- Protect the environment that enables the commercial construction industry to further invest in workforce development.